Monday, October 20, 2014

A Brief Walk through "Mary Grey Bird Sanctuary"

The place:
Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary
3499 S Bird Sanctuary Rd, Connersville, IN 47331
(765) 827-5109

If you would like to learn MORE about the Sanctuary and 
Donate to the Indiana Audubon Society, click the link below.




Today was one of those days where we were not sure if we could beat the rain or not. In lieu of sitting in our house, playing video games, and being bored we opted to chance it. So my son and myself grabbed our cameras, extra batteries, memory cards, and hit the road. 
Our destination was the "Mary Gray Bird Sanctuary."

For as long as I can remember this has been a place of tranquility for years. Going back to when I was a teenager and I wanted to take my GF somewhere we could just talk, not hear traffic, sirens, and what we call "The City". Our little group would congregate there for late night discussions of the latest 90's album, band, or video on MTV. (Yes, back then we didn't have the Internet at out disposal, this was out Internet and social networking.)

I am an avid photographer. It is not just my job, but it is my passion and Hobby. This is my source of happiness. From taking pictures of clouds, insects, crushed beer cans to family portraits. This is a hobby I have passed onto my middle son, and his style has become very similar to mine. After I looked through his photos I noticed that we both had taken pictures of the same things, in the same way, and was not aware we were both doing such.

What follows is a pictorial of our short walk through the sanctuary. 
This is only s PORTION of what there is to see and walk. 
We had to beat the rain, and it quite literally started raining once we reached the car. 
Enjoy our little adventure. 
(Click any image to see the larger version of it.)






















The following pictures were taken by my 12 yr old son Silas. He has learned by going with me on shoots, and productions. He has a wonderful eye for the beauty in nature.
































Thank you for looking at our pictures and sharing in our "Beat The Rain" hike.
We recommend that you come and behold the beauty and serenity yourself.
Thanks again, Sincerely... The Corbin's

To order prints, watermark free, contact me at: Ron@RPCphotography.info
Reasonable rates, prints delivered directly to your front door.
Also check out our website for specials on Family photography sessions, special occasions and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment